Department EDI Statement
The UC San Diego Physics Department believes that the progress of science and the University’s educational goals are enriched when faculty, staff, and students from diverse personal, social, and academic backgrounds are able to fully participate in the life of the Department. To this end, and consistent with the campus Principles of Community, our Department is committed to treating all current and prospective students, faculty, and staff equitably, with kindness, dignity, and respect, and to creating and maintaining an environment which is welcoming and supportive of all.
Adopted, January 2020
Physics EDI Committee
The current Physics EDI Committee (2022-2023) is composed of
- Nigel Goldenfeld email@example.com (Chair)
- Monica Allen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Burgasser email@example.com
- Saixious Dominguez-Kilday firstname.lastname@example.org
- Javier Duarte email@example.com
- Robin Glefke firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grady Kestler email@example.com
- Bret Noel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karin Sandstrom email@example.com
- Yi-Zhuang You firstname.lastname@example.org
The UC San Diego community holds great respect for the land and the original people of the area where our campus is located. The university is built on the un-ceded territory of the Kumeyaay Nation. Today, the Kumeyaay people continue to maintain their political sovereignty and cultural traditions as vital members of the San Diego community. We acknowledge their tremendous contributions to our region and thank them for their stewardship.